Tuesday 22 September 2015

Cape Dorset Plant Life

Today, it is snowing with a mix of rain and wind speeds are expected to be up to 90 km/hr! I have been warned to watch for flying debris as I walk home today after work.  I hope the wind is at my back, so it pushes me up the hill!  I shall keep my eyes peeled for flying boards or ATV's!  Last week while out on a walk, I photgraphed the variety of low-growing plants I found growing so close to the ground.  I don't remember the names of these plants, but my co-worker took me out on a short walk and told me which ones were edible.


The Dorset Island is very rocky with very little "soil," so the plants cling to the surface.


Wild low-growing blueberries grow here, but they did not produce a crop this summer to much disappointment.




The view looking towards "the valley" area of Cape Dorset on a beautiful sunny day.






No comments:

Post a Comment