Saturday 22 August 2015

Iqaluit Arrival



After overnighting in Ottawa, I arrived in Iqaluit, the capital of Nunavut, late Saturday afternoon after enjoying a full service flight on Canadian North airline. I will be in Iqaluit for a week before moving on to Cape Dorset. Interestingly, the plane held 50% passengers and 50% cargo. I found my way to the Frobisher Inn hotel and dined on my first caribou burger with a pint. It was tasty--a bit like bison--very lean. I went for a walk as dusk was falling and took the photo above looking down on Frobisher Bay from my hotel on the hill. There are a few small icebergs in the bay blown in by the wind. There is a nip in the air and it feels like a cool December Victoria day.

The high school at dusk


Overlooking a church. As we are above the tree line, native plant life is very low-growing. The effect is quite breathtaking and one can see for miles...





No comments:

Post a Comment